Beginners Cake Covering Class
In this class you will learn how to layer and fill a delicious vanilla sponge cake, cover it professionally with chocolate ganache and sugarpaste, and achieve a modern sharp edge finish. You will also learn how to make a variety of pretty sugar blossoms and attach them to your cake.
At the end of this class you will have the skills to create a beautiful celebration cake at home.
All materials and equipment will be provided, including a pre-baked vanilla sponge cake.
You will learn:
- How to trim your cake and achieve even layers
- How to fill and crumb coat your cake
- How to cover your cake professionally with chocolate ganache
- How to cover your cake with sugarpaste to a high standard
- How to use cake decorating equipment to achieve a modern sharp edge finish
- How to work with sugar florist paste to make a variety of sugar blossoms
- How to make and use royal icing to attach your decorations to your cake
- How to cover a board and finish your cake with ribbons
You will need to bring:
- A notepad and pen
- A comfortable pair of shoes
- A packed lunch
- A bag suitable for carrying an 8" square box
You will leave with:
- A delicious sponge cake that you have filled, covered and decorated
- Class notes
Sunday, 20th October 2019
Time: 9.30am - 4.00pm
Please check your dates and travel arrangements before booking as we are unable to offer refunds.
Please see our Cancellation Policy for full details.