Sugar Rose Celebration Cake
In this class you will learn how to layer and fill our popular vanilla sponge cake, cover it professionally with chocolate ganache and sugarpaste, and make a beautiful sugar rose.
This class is ideal for beginners and those wishing to gain more confidence in covering celebration cakes and is a perfect introduction to the art of making sugar flowers.
All materials and equipment will be provided, including a pre-baked vanilla sponge cake.
You will learn:
- How to trim your cake and achieve even layers
- How to fill and crumb coat your cake
- How to cover your cake professionally with chocolate ganache
- How to cover your cake with sugarpaste to a high standard
- How to use cake decorating equipment to achieve a modern sharp edge finish
- How to work with and colour sugar florist paste
- How to make a sugar rose and rose leaves
- How to make a plaque and decorate with wording of your choice
- How to cover a board and finish your cake with ribbons
You will need to bring:
- A notepad and pen
- A comfortable pair of shoes
- A packed lunch
- A bag suitable for carrying an 8" square box
You will leave with:
- A delicious sponge cake that you have filled, covered and decorated
- Class notes
Sunday, 17th November 2019
Time: 9:30 am - 4.00 pm
Please check your dates and travel arrangements before booking as we are unable to offer refunds.
Please see our Cancellation Policy for full details.